Drew Angerer/Getty Images
- CNBC reported Monday that Amazon has put a pause on its plan to sell prescription drugs to hospitals through Amazon Business.
- Amazon Business sells supplies to business customers, including doctor’s offices and dentists. CNBC reports the company still hasn’t ruled getting into the pharmaceutical space at a later time.
- Pharmacy stocks, which have been having a tumultuous time since rumors of Amazon’s ambitions in healthcare first appeared, rose on the news.
- Walgreens was up 5%, CVS Health was up 6.7%. Drug wholesalers moved after the news as well, with Cardinal Health up 5%, Amerisource Bergen up 2%, and McKesson up 4.7%.
- Amazon shares saw little reaction, and are trading up 0.96%.